HouseCall MD of Southern California is part of a growing trend toward clinicians who provide quality management of patient care for homebound patients, including the frail, elderly, high-risk, disabled patients and terminally ill patients. HouseCall MD offers a comprehensive range of services, from routine checkups to diagnostic testing, wound treatment, working with patient with single or multiple illnesses and treating serious illnesses in the comfort of their home. After a patient is discharged from the hospital, Nursing Home or are referred by another physician, a HouseCall MD provider will see the patient in their home or facility to assess them for safety, proper management of illness and medications. In addition, they will evaluate for home safety, counseling on high risk behaviors such as smoking, drinking and obesity.
We provide in home assistance with radiology, laboratory, nurse and physical therapies. The benefit to the patient is that there is no waiting in the doctor’s office and if an admission is necessary, we can directly admit them to a hospital. We also provide direct communication with the patients primary care physicians. HouseCall MD has a nurse on staff at all times.
We begin with a phone questionnaire that helps us identify individual needs of each patient, then a HouseCall MD provider will go to the patient’s home and provide comprehensive medical treatment to promote better health. Our HouseCall MD providers will be able to accommodate the time and place of the patients choosing. We also offer home health care outsourcing for families that need assistance with homebound patients.
If a patient’s condition requires hospitalization, we will help expedite their admission process into a local hospital. With the patient’s permission, all necessary information will be discussed with the hospital’s ER. In most cases, one of our physicians will be able to visit the patient for continuity of care.
Commonly Treated Medical Conditions:
- Common cold, influenza, sore throat, sinusitis, ear infection, bronchitis and pneumonia
- Acute Illness, headaches, dizziness, and eye infections
- Asthma, COPD, seasonal/sinus allergies, infections, fever, strep throat analysis
- High blood pressure, heart disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, glucose testing
- Bladder, urinary tract infection, kidney infection and kidney stones
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation, heartburn/GERD, gastritis, food poisoning and stomach flu
- Ear, nose, and throat ailments, earwax removal
- Skin infections, insect bites, rash, hives, allergic reactions, minor burns, acne, cold sores, eczema
- Sleeplessness, anxiety/stress, depression, weight management
- Kidney infections and stones, anemia
- Simple wound care, laceration repair and suture removal